We were delighted to host Cancer Research UK for a stakeholder event on the theme of early detection and diagnosis.
Dr David Crosby, Dr Talisia Quallo and Dr Alexis Webb joined us to discuss CRUK's recently launched Early Detection & Diagnosis Roadmap. You can watch the presentation above. Some of the slides are available to download by clicking on links in the agenda below.
13:00 Welcome and introduction (Prof Kate Brain)
13:05 Cancer Research UK Early Detection and Diagnosis (ED&D) Roadmap and funding streams overview - David Crosby, Talisia Quallo, Alexis Webb
13:45 Q & A
14:00 Overviews from key partners:
- Wales Cancer Research Centre - Enhanced Diagnosis & Personalised Prevention (Dr Sunil Dolwani)
- Primary and Emergency Care Research Centre – Screening, Prevention and Early Diagnosis (Prof Clare Wilkinson)
- Centre for Trials Research - Cancer Theme (Dr Lisette Nixon / Dr Chris Hurt)
- Cardiff University Biobank (Prof Phil Stephens)
- Healthcare Sciences Cancer Research (Prof Jane Hopkinson)
- Data integration (Dr Kevin Ashelford)
- College of Biomedical and Life Sciences - Cancer Theme (Prof Awen Gallimore)
14:55 Closing remarks and thank you